Maybe you've wondered where I've been. Well, since I blogged last from my 12-mile run, we went on vacation with Karee's parents to Grand Cayman. I tried to run while I was there but ran into a few problems.
Last Monday, I went 3 miles at around 7am. By that time it was already windy, humid, and hot, so I struggled. Plus, it was only 2 days after my 12-miler so my legs were a bit worn down. It was nice, though, as the run helped the soreness go away.
Wednesday was when I really ran into trouble. I went four miles, again windy, humid, and hot at about 9:00/mile pace. When I finished, the ball of my right foot hurt pretty badly and ended up getting swollen, red, and inflammed. It bothered me terribly for the rest of the trip. On Saturday, I opened up the spot a little bit and a little bit of pus drained out. I don't know how it got infected, but it did.
After the drainage, the foot felt better and I thought that I'd go for a run this past Monday in Chicago. Well, after four miles, my left ileotibial band was killing me, so I stopped to stretch and couldn't finish the run (I was planning on 5 miles). So since then, I've mostly been off and on a regimen of stretching, ice, and Aleve. Yesterday, my knee was feeling better so I thought that I'd test it out. I went 3 miles running and walking. The furthest that I ran consecutively was 1 mile at 9:30 pace, but I didn't have any pain. So, I'm planning on 3-4 miles tomorrow at a relaxed pace and if I feel good, I'm going to run the half-marathon on Sunday. Wish me luck.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment