Great run this morning! It was a little bit cool outside (35-38 degrees) so I had to break out the tights, and a bit windy (~10mph from the north), but it's was sunny. I knew that I wanted to go far today because I slept well and felt great. So, I started out going south around the park, then headed north (into the wind) through the park to the Belmont underpass then north to Irving Park Rd. I turned around at that point and ran on the lakefront all the way to Michigan (four glorious miles downwind), then came home on my usual route through the gold coast. In all, I went 10.28 miles and felt good. I didn't push the pace until the last mile (which I ran in 8:20) and averaged 9:05/mile for the entire route.
Yes, it's been a light week work-wise. I sometimes get bored when I don't have work, but today I'm not complaining. I got in a long run and now get to watch basketball all afternoon. Happy NCAA tournament!
Today: 10.28 miles at 9:05/mile
This week: 19.45 miles
2009: 294.89 miles
Shoe milage: 230.91 -- They're starting to feel a bit stiff. I was hoping to get to around 400 miles on them and through the half-marathon in May, but I'm not sure that they'll make it. I think that my being a 185-pound runner is taking a toll on my shoes because they're definitely not as cushy as they used to be.
The route.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment