I had a great week at work this week, doing 14 cases. I even enjoyed my afternoon clinic today and booked a great case for a couple of weeks from new (bilateral ureteral reimplant, for those who care).
Anyway, my running has been relatively light (deservedly so since I went 6 days both last week and this week). Yesterday, I went 4 miles and meant to go pretty fast (I was shooting for 8:15-8:20/mile). Now with my fancy new watch, I'm keeping mile-splits. Mine yesterday was a bit suboptimal. My first mile was 7:55 (way too fast, even though it was downwind), followed by 8:20, 8:22, and 8:41 (out of gas). See, going too fast the first mile made the rest of the run a lot harder, especially the last mile. It didn't help that my run was at the end of the day and that I didn't eat all that well because I was in the OR all day. Overall, I averaged 8:20/mile, but would have rather been more consistent.
Tomorrow is my group run -- a seven-miler. It looks like we're going to have stiff winds (20 mph with 35 mph gusts) and we'll be running into the wind to finish the run, so it'll probably be pretty tough. I'm still looking forward to it.
Yesterday: 4 miles at 8:20/mile pace
This week: 10 miles
Shoe milage: 255.96 miles (really damn near dead, I think I'm replacing at 300 miles)
2009: 319.94 miles (I think my goal is 1200 miles for the year)
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment