Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My running schedule is a bit off. I'm still getting in my required milage, but the days haven't been consistent. In theory, I have a short run on Monday, a medium-long run on Tuesday, speedwork on Thursday, Friday off, a long run on Saturday, and Sunday off. It hasn't worked out like that for the past few weeks, but I always try to make up for workouts that I miss.

I was at work from 7am until 6:30pm yesterday, so I didn't run. Today, I did, though the weather was pretty crappy. I was due for 6 miles and ended up going about 6.3. My Garmin said 6.34, but I didn't trust it so I mapped it on Google maps and got 6.28 -- pretty close really. I didn't believe the Garmin because it doesn't pick up well right at our house. In fact, on the Garmin map of today's run, it had me starting about a block away from where I actually did. Oh well. In the end it came out right. Of course, it threw off my splits because I'm sure that I didn't run the first mile in 7:50.

I ended up finishing the run in 54:40 for an average pace of 8:42, which I thought was pretty good, especially since I wasn't really pushing the pace until the last mile and it was windy and rainy. The weather looks decent tomorrow, so hopefully my 40-minute tempo run will be enjoyable.

Now I'm at Christ ready for a couple of cases.

Today: 6.38 miles
2009: 337.13 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment