Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We had another full day of rain today on top of our already wet ground, so my run today was pretty soggy.

I went to a satellite operating room for Children's Memorial out in Westchester, IL.  It's maybe 15-20 miles west of the city, right where I-290 meets I-294.  We only had three cases and were finished before noon, so I did some research and found a great trail in the Bemis Woods that was only a mile or two from the surgicenter.

The trail itself was fantastic.  It's called the Salt Creek Trail and goes from the Bemis Woods and ends at the Brookfield zoo - about 7 miles each way.  I didn't have 14 miles in me today, so I didn't make it all the way to the zoo, but I hope to do the entire trail someday.  I went about 4.6 miles total.  I would have gone longer, but at 2.3 miles the Salt Creek flooded out the trail so I turned around.  Water was seriously about a foot deep.

I went slow because it was my fourth day running in a row and I'd been pushing my pace for the past few.  I felt good and was actually able to miss most of the rain.  As soon as I got back into my car it started raining hard.  I must be living right.

Today: 4.6 miles
This week: 10.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment