There's been a change! Karee didn't want me posting maps of where we live on the blog every day, so I took them off. I'll be posting them on another blog to which I'll link whenever I post a new route.
Yesterday I did a 35 minute "tempo" run. A tempo run is basically a crescendo of effort. I started easy for the first mile, then went harder for the second mile and gradually worked my up to where I was busting my ass at a bit over three miles. Then, I ran relatively easily home for a bit more than a mile. Since I don't have a GPS watch (yet), I don't know my mile splits. Overall, I went 4.1 miles in 36 minutes (8:47 pace), but the first and last miles were above 9 minute pace, so I was going pretty fast in the middle, especially on the third mile. Once I get my Garmin, I'll be much more accurate on my tempo runs.
Today, I'm off after running 5 days in a row. My legs deserve a break.
Yesterday: 4.09 miles at 8:47/mile (35 minute tempo run)
2009: 284.61 miles
No route to post, but here's the link. I'm not sure that there's anyone reading this, but email me if you want to see where I run.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment