This weekend we went to Birmingham, AL, for my grandmother's 80th birthday party. Dad I went running on Saturday morning. I called Fleet Feet Birmingham for a recommendation on where to run and we ended up at Veteran's Park, which has a nice crushed limestone cross-country trail. So, we ran there. It would have been fantastic, but due to heavy rainfall the day before we arrive, parts of the trail were underwater. We made due, though, and put in 9 miles at just over 9 minute/mile pace. The temperature was perfect and it wasn't windy, so I'm not going to complain about a little water on the trail.
Yesterday was a travel day and, thus, I didn't run. This morning, I did a variant of one of my usual runs. Basically, I ran north through Lincoln Park to the Belmont underpass, then back home on the lakefront. It was cold (~19 degrees F) and windy. I always try to start out into the wind, which I did today. It certainly makes the run less difficult.
Today: 5.58 @ 8:54/mile pace
This week: 5.58
Last week total: 26.7
2009: 225.71
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment