Saturday, March 28, 2009

We had our 7-mile group run this morning. We normally have 8 runners in our group (8:30/mile), but today only four showed up, probably because the others are running in the Shamrock Shuffle tomorrow. The Shuffle is a monstrously big -- 32,000 runners or so -- 8k race that covers part of the marathon course downtown. I looked into signing up for it, but it was already full by the time that I thought of it. Looking at the weather, I'm not disappointed to be missing it, as I'd rather not run a late March race in the snow.

The run today went well for me. I stayed on pace running splits of 8:37, 8:28, 8:21, 8:14, 8:25, 8:25, and 8:30. Not bad, especially considering that the first half was downwind and the second half was into the wind. I was working pretty hard coming home, but overall felt great. My average pace was 8:26, right where I want to be.

I had a tough night on-call last night (a ton of pages, two ER visits at UIC, and a visit to the VA), so it felt even better to run well. Now, I'm going to take the rest of the day pretty easy and hope that I don't get paged.

Today: 7.11 miles in 0:59:56 (8:26/mile)
This week: 17.11 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment