I had a pretty decent run this morning. The weather was fortunately better than yesterday, but still pretty cold (32 F) and a touch windy (10mph). Today, though, I decided to run downwind on the lake. I think that my legs and body are still recovering from the long run on Saturday, plus I didn't treat my body all that well this weekend. One, it was our friend's birthday party on Saturday night and I stayed out way too late, and two, I took a scuba diving certification class so I was busy and moving all day both days. Regardless, I'm not back to 100% yet and I could feel it during my 5th mile today.
Mile 1: 8:40
Mile 2: 8:43
Mile 3: 8:33
Mile 4: 8:46
Mile 5: 8:55
Actually, I did a pretty good job keeping my pace. The fifth mile is artificially slow because I had to cross the overpass from the lakefront into Lincoln Park. With the steep incline and tight curves, it probably costs 8-10 seconds. Mile 3 got a little bit fast because I ended up on the path right behind someone who was running about the same pace as I was. It was sparse out there this morning so it was a bit awkward to run close to someone, so I picked up my pace to pass.
I'm due for some speedwork tomorrow. I've been doing my intervals on the treadmill but I'd really like to find a track. Tomorrow I'm planning on the treadmill because I'll be at UIC for conference anyway.
Today: 5 miles at 8:44/mile
This week: 9 miles (my running weeks go Monday-Sunday, if you haven't figured it out)
Brooks Trance shoes: 301.42 miles (they're retiring after the half-marathon on May 17)
2009: 369.4 miles (Goal: 1200 miles)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment