Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today was my last track workout before the race in a couple of weeks. Again, I did 10 400-meter repeats with 1:40 rest in between. With yesterday's sluggish run and today's crappy weather, I wasn't expecting much, but I surprised myself, going faster than last week, other than the warm-up.

Mile 1: 8:33
400 #1: 1:38 (6:34/mile)
400 #2: 1:38 (6:32/mile)
400 #3: 1:36 (6:27/mile)
400 #4: 1:36 (6:25/mile)
400 #5: 1:35 (6:20/mile)
400 #6: 1:37 (6:29/mile)
400 #7: 1:35 (6:23/mile)
400 #8: 1:34 (6:17/mile)
400 #9: 1:33 (6:14/mile)
400 #10: 1:30 (6:01/mile)

Half-mile cool down: 4:15 (8:30/mile)

Total run/walk: 5.22 miles

I'm surprised at the speed. I have two 4-mile runs this week before a 12-miler on Saturday. I'm going to try to run both short runs at race pace (8:26 or better), as the long run will likely be closer to 9:00/mile.

I've decided that I'm going to raise money for the American Brain Tumor Association as part of my marathon training. If you read this blog, chances are that you'll be getting an email from me to give some money. I'll also post donation details on here in a few weeks. Just a heads up...

No comments:

Post a Comment