I took yesterday off and finished with 28.73 miles last week.
Today, I had a case at Shriner's Hospital and we finished a bit after noon. So I ran just now. It's kind of a crappy day (45 degrees and windy) but at least it isn't raining.
I've decided to try to run faster on a few of my workouts per week. Ideally, I'd like to alternate hard and easy runs. I just feel like I've been doing way too many of my shorter runs at a relaxed pace (8:40-8:50) so I'm going to push it sometimes. Today, I tried to go fast, tomorrow will be easy, Wednesday is speed work, Friday will be easy, and Saturday I have a 10-mile race. Should be a good week.
4 miles today in 32:55. Actually, the Garmin had me at 4 miles exactly and the Google Map that I'm going to post below has it at 4.12. Which is right? Who knows? Either way, I wasn't 100% today, but had a good workout nonetheless.
Mile 1: 8:05
Mile 2: 8:16
Mile 3: 8:13
Mile 4: 8:19
Today: 4 miles at 8:13/mile
2009: 421.96 miles
The route - a nice basic 4-mile loop through the park and along the lakefront. I didn't run from the house because I dropped the recycling off at the Nature Museum, which is where I started.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment